Every bride wants to look like a million bucks on their wedding day. In fact MANY of our clients mention wanting to be in great shape for their wedding (and that beach honeymoon!). So what should you be doing in these last few weeks or months to get wedding-gown ready? We’re all about being the healthiest YOU you can be and we encourage brides to try something new to shake things up, like a CrossFit or boot camp class, train for your first race during the engagement, Bar Method classes, hot yoga… the list goes on and on! What we think is important is that you truly enjoy your engagement and make it memorable by planning well for your big day but also indulging now and then as you celebrate with your family and friends. With a little research, we’ve put together a 10 step wedding diet that will no doubt leave you feeling healthier, slimmer, craving less sugar and carbs, and with enough energy to dance the night away at that reception you are looking forward to!
- Eat every 3-4 hours. Choose a lean protein, a healthy starch, and a vegetable.
- Eat foods that are low in sodium and cut as much sugar as possible. Keep a food journal if necessary to track what you’re really eating.
- Try to stay away from flours, even if it’s whole wheat. Baked goods, bread and pasta won’t keep you full and can leave you bloated and craving more.
- Keep snacks like almonds, popcorn and clementines on hand. Don’t let yourself get to the point that you’re starving, when it’s easy to overeat.
- Eat small meals and pay attention to serving sizes.
- Eat foods rich in fiber.
- Take a couple days a week to bulk cook. Make lots of chicken, fish, tuna, turkey, brown rice, and vegetables and pack your own lunch for work!
- Drink half of your body weight in pounds in ounces. For example, if you weigh 120 pounds you want to drink 60 ounces of water daily.
- Eat REAL FOOD. The less processed and packaged, the better.
- Do some type of cardio at least 3-4 times a week and vary your exercises so your body doesn’t get bored.
See more tips and menu ideas from Michelle Marie Fit